Learn how to draw a great looking Rainbow Flower with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Rainbow Flower.
"She loves me, she loves me not..." Some people say this while picking the petals from a flower. Make this fortune telling game more interesting with a rainbow flower drawing!
This easy, step-by-step cartoon flower drawing tutorial will help you master the rainbow flower outline in no time.
Are there really rainbow flowers? Yes, there are! Rainbow flowers are created "by splitting the stem and dipping each part in different colored water."
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Bouquets of rainbow-colored flowers are offered by many florists. You can even dye your own flower at home.
Get a flower with white petals, and mix food coloring into its water. In a few hours or overnight, it will absorb some of the color.
Rainbow flowers symbolize happiness and joy. This is fitting, as the bright colors are sure to bring a smile to your face!
Would you like to learn how to draw a rainbow flower? Grab your crayons or colored pencils, and let's get started.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Rainbow Flower
How to Draw a Great Looking Rainbow Flower for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the rainbow flower outline by drawing a circle. This will form the center of the flower and also the flower's face. Then, use two curved lines to draw a rounded "M" shape, beginning the eyes.
Easy Rainbow Flower Drawing - Step 2
2. Continue to detail the face, using curved lines for the eyebrows and smiling mouth. Shade two circles below the eyes to form the pupils.
Easy Rainbow Flower Drawing - Step 3
Easy Rainbow Flower Drawing - Step 4
4. Continue drawing petals around the face of the cartoon flower. Use a long curved line for each petal.
Easy Rainbow Flower Drawing - Step 5
5. Continue drawing petals around the flower's face. Use a long curved line for each petal.
Easy Rainbow Flower Drawing - Step 6
6. Continue drawing petals around the flower's face. Use a long curved line for each petal.
Easy Rainbow Flower Drawing - Step 7
7. Finish drawing the flower's petals. Then, extend a pair of curved lines below the flower to form the stem.
Add More Details to Your Rainbow Flower Picture - Step 8
8. Draw a teardrop-shaped leaf on each side of the stem.
Complete the Outline of Your Rainbow Flower Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete your rainbow flower outline by drawing the ground. Use a series of curved lines to draw the grass at the bottom of the flower. Then, use a curved line to trace the horizon.
Color Your Rainbow Flower Drawing
Color your cartoon rainbow flower. To make it a rainbow flower, color each petal a different color.
Since there are more petals than the seven colors of the rainbow, you can use transitional colors in between. For example, you can color the petals this way:
- Yellow orange
- Yellow green
- Blue Green/Turquoise/Teal
- Light blue/Sky blue
- Indigo/Dark blue
Look for the names of these colors in your box of crayons or colored pencils!
For more great Plant cartoons drawing tutorials, see the 51 Plant cartoons Drawing Ideas for Kids post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Rainbow Flower Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).