Learn how to draw a great looking Sitting Cartoon Cat with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Sitting Cartoon Cat.
Is your cat sitting pretty? You can learn how to draw a sitting cartoon cat outline with the help of this easy feline drawing tutorial. When you're finished, you'll have the purr-fect picture.
Cats are one of the most popular pets in the world. They have been so for thousands of years. Ancestors of the modern housecat were domesticated in both Egypt and Asia around 6,000 years ago. Cats may have been adopted by humans who realized their usefulness in keeping rodents at bay.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Unlike dogs, cats are known for being independent. They are not readily trained to do tricks. In fact, cats are one of the few domestic animals that can successfully revert to living in the wild.
Even well-fed cats like to hunt small prey such as mice and birds. Cats are hygienic, however, and they take easily to the use of a litterbox indoors.
Cats have long appeared in art. In ancient Egypt, they appeared as gods in statues and paintings. They also appear in ancient art and writings from Greece, India, the Middle East, and elsewhere.
They are still a favorite subject of animal-loving artists today.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Sitting Cartoon Cat
How to Draw a Great Looking Sitting Cartoon Cat for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the sitting cartoon cat outline by sketching the ruff of fur on its chest. Use a series of curved lines to create the jagged outline of fur.
Easy Sitting Cartoon Cat Drawing - Step 2
2. Use a long curved line to draw the cat's leg. Notice how the line curves inward just above the paw, then doubles back upon itself to create the back of the leg. Detail the paw with short lines.
Easy Sitting Cartoon Cat Drawing - Step 3
3. Use curved lines to outline the shoulder and top of the leg. Then, enclose an oval to form the raised paw. Detail the toes of the paw with short lines.
Easy Sitting Cartoon Cat Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw a ball of yarn. Enclose a circle beneath the paw using a long curved line. Then, draw a series of vertical and diagonal curved lines across the ball. This hatched pattern suggests the texture of the yarn.
Easy Sitting Cartoon Cat Drawing - Step 5
5. Use curved lines to outline the cat's sides. Notice the overlap of the lines on one side that forms the rear foot. Detail the foot with short lines, and draw a line between the front paw and the yarn ball. Finally, extend a spiral-shaped line from the yarn ball. This is the loose end of the string.
Easy Sitting Cartoon Cat Drawing - Step 6
6. Next, draw the cat's head. Use a series of connected, curved lines to draw the furry face. Then, draw the triangular ears using curved lines that meet at gentle points. Connect the ears with a curved line, completing the top of the head. Detail inside the ears with curved lines.
Easy Sitting Cartoon Cat Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw the cat's eyes. Draw curved lines to indicate the bottoms of the eyelids, and enclose partial oval shapes below them. Shade a small circle inside each eye to indicate the pupils. Then, draw a curved line to form the top of each eyelid, and shade small ovals to indicate the eyebrows.
Add More Details to Your Sitting Cartoon Cat Picture - Step 8
8. Draw a curving "W" shape to form the cat's mouth. Above the middle of the "W," enclose an inverted triangle with rounded corners. This is the cat's nose. Use long curved lines for the whiskers and a short line for the chin.
Complete the Outline of Your Sitting Cartoon Cat Drawing - Step 9
9. Finally, draw the cat's tail. Use a long curved line and double it back upon itself. Notice the jagged, furry texture on one side.
Color Your Sitting Cartoon Cat Drawing
Color your sitting cartoon cat outline. Cats come in many colors - black, white, orange, grey, brown, spotted, and striped.
Then, check out this sitting cat wearing a hat and scarf!
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Sitting Cartoon Cat Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).