Learn how to draw a great looking Worm with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Worm.
Earthworms are invertebrates that live in the soil around the world. There are over 1,800 distinct species. Most are only a few inches in length, but one Australian species can reach a length of 3.3 meters, or about 11 feet!
Worms often feature in popular culture. How to Eat Fried Worms was a piece of juvenile literature made into a movie. A giant worm called an Alaskan bull worm made an appearance in the animated series Spongebob Squarepants. Movies such as Star Wars, Dune, and Tremors pit their characters against or alongside giant worms.
Images of earthworms are often paired with apples or with birds, illustrating the maxim, "the early bird gets the worm." They may also be depicted as farmers because of the work they do in enriching the soil, or alongside fish and fishing rods since they are used as bait. Sometimes they are pictured with a book to illustrate the studious "bookworm," meaning an avid reader.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Would you like to draw a cute cartoon earthworm? This easy, step-by-step cartoon animal drawing tutorial is here to show you how. All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper. You may also wish to color your finished drawing.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Worm
How to Draw a Great Looking Worm for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing the worm's head. Use a long, gently spiraled line. Then, draw a straight line to form the neck beneath the head.
Easy Worm Drawing - Step 2
2. Enclose two round shapes on the worm's head, erasing as necessary. These are the worm's eyes.
Easy Worm Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw the eyebrows, erasing as necessary. Enclose a narrow curved triangle above each eye.
Easy Worm Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw curved lines where the neck meets the head, outlining the lower jaw and corner of the mouth.
Easy Worm Drawing - Step 5
5. Next, draw the band around the earthworm's middle, which is called the clitellum. Draw a curved line at the base of the neck. Just above the bottom of the figure, extend a curved line from each side. Connect them at the bottom using a curved line.
Easy Worm Drawing - Step 6
6. From the bottom of the clitellum, extend a pair of long "S" shaped lines, roughly parallel to one another. This outlines the body of the earthworm.
Easy Worm Drawing - Step 7
7. Enclose a curved, rounded triangle at the tip of the tail.
Add More Details to Your Worm Picture - Step 8
8. Band the earthworm with curved lines, indicating its segments.
Complete the Outline of Your Worm Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw a small oval within each eye to indicate the pupils.
Color Your Worm Drawing
Color your cartoon earthworm. Most are tan in color, but some are reddish-brown.
For more great Cartoons drawing tutorials, see the 51 Step-by-Step Cartoons Drawing Guides post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Worm Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).