Learn how to draw a great looking Easy Cartoon Crab with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Easy Cartoon Crab.
Are you feeling crabby? Lighten your mood with this step-by-step easy cartoon crab drawing tutorial.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Crabs are also similar to spiders, like the one in this black widow drawing. Each has eight jointed appendages, a similar mode of locomotion, and a hard outer shell.
The illustration below is in portrait style. If you enjoyed this tutorial, you can also learn how to draw a crab from a different point of view.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing an Easy Cartoon Crab
How to Draw a Great Looking Easy Cartoon Crab for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the easy cartoon crab outline by drawing its large eyes. Draw two circles. Inside each circle, draw two successively smaller ovals. Shade between the two ovals.
Easy Easy Cartoon Crab Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw the eyestalks. Draw two curved lines beneath each eye - one connected to it, and one not. The lines should meet at a point at the bottom. Then, use a curved line to draw a partial circle shape around the eye that meets the unconnected line.
Easy Easy Cartoon Crab Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw a curved line above each eye to indicate the eyebrows. Then, use curved lines to draw a football shape around the bottoms of the eye stalks. The lines should meet at a gentle point on each end. Then, use a curved line to enclose a half-circle shape below the football shape. This will become the crab's body.
Easy Easy Cartoon Crab Drawing - Step 4
4. Use curved lines to trace the crab's smiling mouth and the heart-shaped tongue inside it. Then, extend two curved lines from the side of the body to begin sketching the crab's arm.
Easy Easy Cartoon Crab Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a series of shapes at the end of the arm - a half-football shape, a crescent moon shape, and a curved triangle. These form the crab's large claw.
Easy Easy Cartoon Crab Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw the remaining claw. Use curved lines to sketch a curved triangle, half a football shape, and a gently pointed crescent moon.
Easy Easy Cartoon Crab Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw a curved triangle to finish the claw. Then, begin sketching the crab's legs. Use curved lines that meet at gentle points to enclose the irregular crescent shapes.
Add More Details to Your Easy Cartoon Crab Picture - Step 8
8. Draw more legs, again using curved lines that meet at gentle points.
Complete the Outline of Your Easy Cartoon Crab Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw the crab's final leg, again using curved lines that meet at gentle points. Band the joint of each leg with a curved line.
Color Your Easy Cartoon Crab Drawing
Your easy cartoon crab outline is now complete. Color him. We've shaded ours red in classic cartoon style.
For more great sealife drawing tutorials, see the collection of Easy Sealife Drawing Guides.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Easy Cartoon Crab Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).