Learn how to draw a great looking Monopoly Man with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Monopoly Man.
Would you like to learn how to draw the Monopoly Man also known as Rich Uncle Pennybags? This easy, step-by-step cartoon character drawing tutorial will help you master the Monopoly Man outline.
Monopoly is a popular board game released in 1934. It is based on other games dating back to at least 1904.
The real estate or property trading game is played by two to eight players. It can help you learn how to count and use money.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Did you know? A monopoly is "exclusive control of a commodity or service in a particular market, or a control that makes possible the manipulation of prices."
That's the aim of each player - to gain complete control of a "market" or color on the board!
The properties on the board are named after real streets in Atlantic City, New Jersey, USA.
It is the "best-selling privately patented board game in history," and versions have been made depicting other real and fictional places.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing the Monopoly Man
How to Draw a Great Looking Monopoly Man for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the Mr. Monopoly outline by drawing his face. Shade two small circles for the eyes, with curved lines above them for the eyebrows.
Draw a "C" shaped line for the nose. Extend curved lines outward from the nose to begin the mustache, and connect the ends using a wide "W" shaped line.
Easy Monopoly Man Drawing - Step 2
2. Next, outline the Monopoly man's head. Use curved lines to draw an almost complete circle. In the opening, draw a "C" shaped line, forming the ear.
Draw two lines above the ear to indicate the hair and another below the mustache for the mouth.
Then extend curved lines outward from the head. Draw a curved line parallel to each, forming the outstretched arms.
Easy Monopoly Man Drawing - Step 3
3. Enclose the end of one arm by drawing a narrow curved rectangle to form the cuff of the sleeve. Then, use a series of overlapping curved lines to enclose the hand and fingers.
Easy Monopoly Man Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw the other cuff, again using a small rectangle. Shade a tiny circle to indicate the cufflink. Then, extend curved lines from the cuff, outlining the thumb and pinky finger.
From the other hand, extend two curved lines - one long and one very short - and double them back upon themselves to trace the "J" shaped cane.
Easy Monopoly Man Drawing - Step 5
5. Within the unfinished hand, draw a slanted "U" shaped line. This will become the brim of the tophat. Then use overlapping curved lines to complete the palm and fingers.
Easy Monopoly Man Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw the Mr. Monopoly's signature top hat. From the "U," extend a curved line and double it back upon itself to enclose the teardrop-shaped brim.
Draw a "J" shaped line inside it to indicate the opening. Then, use three curved lines to enclose the rectangular brim. Draw a line across it to designate the hatband.
Easy Monopoly Man Drawing - Step 7
7. Below the chin, draw a "V" shaped line, and connect it to the head with two short, straight lines.
Then, extend three long curved lines, doubling back the ends of two of them to enclose the sides of the suit jacket.
Add More Details to Your Monopoly Man Picture - Step 8
8. Draw a "W" shaped line between the sides of the jacket to form the tail of the shirt. Then sketch the pants, using curved lines and a "Y" shaped line.
Complete the Outline of Your Monopoly Man Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete your Monopoly Man outline by adding the final details. Shade three circles down the center of the shirt to indicate the buttons.
Complete the final pant leg with curved lines, and use curved lines to enclose the irregular shapes of the shoes.
Color Your Monopoly Man Drawing
Color your cartoon of the Monopoly man or Rich Uncle Pennybags. He typically wears a black suit. We've used blue coloration to make the black hat appear shiny, as was done in old Darth Vader comic books.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Monopoly Man Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).