Learn how to draw a great looking C-3PO from Star Wars with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful C-3PO from Star Wars.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
“Sir, the possibility of successfully navigating an asteroid field is approximately 3,720 to 1.” - C-3PO, Star Wars - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
Would you like to learn how to draw C-3PO from Star Wars? This easy, step-by-step cartoon robot drawing tutorial is here to show you how. Odds may be against navigating an asteroid field, but they favor mastering this drawing!
Along with R2-D2 and BB-8, C-3PO is one of the most beloved droids of the Star Wars franchise.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
C-3PO was built by young Anakin Skywalker on the desert planet of Tattooine. He is a protocol droid, meaning he specializes in etiquette and is "fluent in over six million forms of communication." Thus, Threepio often serves as a translator. C-3PO actually stands for "Cyborg 3 Protocol."
Many years later, he and R2 returned to his home planet in an escape pod, bearing a secret message from Princess Leia. He served the Republic, the Rebel Alliance, and the Resistance, though his memory was wiped sometime after the Clone Wars.
May the Force be with you.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Chibi Han Solo from Star Wars, Darth Maul from Star Wars, and Porg from Star Wars.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing C-3PO from Star Wars
How to Draw a Great Looking C-3PO from Star Wars for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing C-3PO's head. Start with a rounded shape that is flat on the bottom. Inside it, draw two circles for eyes, with a dot inside each. Draw a small rectangle for the mouth, and connect it to the sides of the head with curved lines. Use additional lines to detail the outline of the head and neck.
Easy C-3PO from Star Wars Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a dot within a circle at the top of the head. Then, draw curved lines above the eyes and a "Y" shaped line between them.
Draw small parallelograms at the ends of the curved lines. Next, use straight and curved lines to complete the curved rectangle of the neck. Enclose another curved rectangle for the chest, with incomplete triangle shapes for the tops of the arms.
Easy C-3PO from Star Wars Drawing - Step 3
3. Detail the chest with a series of straight lines to form a half-hexagon shape. Then, use curved lines to continue the torso. For the arm, use curved lines to draw a series of irregular rectangular shapes.
Draw a narrow rectangle between the two sections of the arm, and sketch a small circle around the top of it.
Easy C-3PO from Star Wars Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw C-3PO's remaining arm in the same way - irregularly rounded rectangles connected by a narrow rectangle with a circle at the top. Then, use curved lines to sketch '3PO's hands and fingers.
Easy C-3PO from Star Wars Drawing - Step 5
5. Detail the arms. Draw two parallel lines across the upper arm and band the narrow shape with short lines.
Easy C-3PO from Star Wars Drawing - Step 6
6. Finish banding the fingers. Then, draw a half-circle shape across the torso and connect it to the sides with curved lines. Inside this shape, draw a series of successively smaller circles. Then, draw several layers of curved lines connected on the sides to begin the droid's hips.
Easy C-3PO from Star Wars Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw C-3PO's leg. Enclose four irregular shapes, then detail them with curved lines.
Add More Details to Your C-3PO from Star Wars Picture - Step 8
8. Draw the remaining leg a mirror image of the first. Detail the knee joint with small ovals and place a curved line across the top of the foot.
Complete the Outline of Your C-3PO from Star Wars Drawing - Step 9
9. Detail the legs and feet with curved lines and rounded rectangles. Draw sets of overlapping parallel lines across the torso to create wires.
Color Your C-3PO from Star Wars Drawing
Color your cartoon of C-3PO. He is typically gold in color but occasionally dons spare parts, like a silver leg.
For more great Man-Made cartoons drawing tutorials, see the 51 Step-by-Step Man-Made cartoons Drawing Guides post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
C-3PO from Star Wars Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).