Learn how to draw a great looking Chibi Han Solo from Star Wars with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Chibi Han Solo from Star Wars.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
"Why you stuck-up, half-witted, scruffy-looking nerf herder!" - Princess Leia to Han Solo, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
You can learn how to draw a chibi Han Solo, the daring and dashing galactic smuggler and captain of the famed Millennium Falcon. Hone your skills, and you'll give Han no reason to say, "Who's scruffy looking?"
Han grew up an orphan on the planet Corellia. He ran away and joined the Galactic Empire as a soldier, then became a smuggler. He won his ship, the Millennium Falcon, from Lando Calrissian during a card game. The fastest ship in the galaxy, the Falcon can make the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
His work as a smuggler brought him to the planet of Tatooine, home of the vile gangster Jabba the Hutt. There, Han met Luke Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi. They set out on an adventure to return two droids - R2-D2 and C-3PO to Princess Leia but ended up rescuing her from Darth Vader.
Reluctantly, Han joined the Rebellion against the Empire and helped them destroy the Death Star, an armored battle station capable of blowing up entire planets with a single laser beam.
Did you know? In both the Star Wars canon and Legends, Han and Leia got married! In Legends, they had three children - twins Jacen and Jaina as well as a son named Anakin. In the canon films, their son was Ben Solo, also known as Kylo Ren.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Darth Maul from Star Wars, BB-8 from Star Wars, and Yoda.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Chibi Han Solo from Star Wars
How to Draw a Great Looking Chibi Han Solo from Star Wars for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by sketching Han's eyes. Use curved lines to form the rectangular eyebrows. Below them, outline the eyes.
Notice that the sides of the eyes do not fully connect to the bottoms. Enclose a partial circle within each eye, and shade a smaller circle inside the first to indicate the pupil. Draw a short line between the brows, and use a "7" shaped line for the nose.
Easy Chibi Han Solo from Star Wars Drawing - Step 2
2. Use overlapping curved lines to outline the hair and face. Notice the part in the hair. Then, use a curved line for the mouth, with another line at the corner.
Easy Chibi Han Solo from Star Wars Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw Han's ear using a "C" shaped line, then use curved lines to detail within the ear, enclose his sideburns, and sketch some hair behind the ear. Then, use additional curved lines to texture the hair and give it a three-dimensional appearance.
Easy Chibi Han Solo from Star Wars Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw a "Y" shaped line to form the neck. Enclose partial triangles on each side to indicate the collars of the shirt. Then, use long curved lines to begin the arm. Sketch the hand and fingers, noting the oval held in the hand. This is the grip of Han's blaster.
Easy Chibi Han Solo from Star Wars Drawing - Step 5
5. Continue to draw the blaster by enclosing several squares, rectangles, ovals, and circles.
Easy Chibi Han Solo from Star Wars Drawing - Step 6
6. Complete the tip of the blaster with a square, a trapezoid, and small shaded ovals. Above the weapon, use curved lines to enclose a shape like a flashlight with a rectangular button.
Connect this shape to the blaster using short lines. Then, use overlapping curved lines to finish the blaster arm and draw the torso and remaining arm.
Easy Chibi Han Solo from Star Wars Drawing - Step 7
7. Sketch the remaining fist using overlapping curved lines. Use additional curved lines to enclose the rectangular shapes of Han's iconic vest.
Add More Details to Your Chibi Han Solo from Star Wars Picture - Step 8
8. Draw a hexagon-shaped belt buckle, rectangular belt, and trapezoid-shaped holster. Then, use overlapping curved lines to begin sketching Han's legs and boots.
Complete the Outline of Your Chibi Han Solo from Star Wars Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete the irregular shapes of the boots and holster using curved lines. Note the small "V" shaped lines that add dimension to the tops of the boots.
Color Your Chibi Han Solo from Star Wars Drawing
Color your chibi-style cartoon of Han Solo. He has brown hair and wears a dark vest.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Chibi Han Solo from Star Wars Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).