Learn how to draw a great looking Daffy Duck with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Daffy Duck.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
Would you like to learn how to draw the famous Daffy Duck from Looney Tunes? This easy, step-by-step cartoon character drawing tutorial is here to show you how.
Daffy Duck has starred in countless Looney Tunes movies and cartoon shorts alongside animated favorites like Bugs Bunny, the dynamic duo of Sylvester the Cat and Tweety Bird, Elmer Fudd, the Tasmanian Devil, Wile E. Coyote and the Roadrunner, Yosemite Sam, Pepe Le Pew, Foghorn Leghorn, Speedy Gonzales, Porky Pig, and others. Sometimes, Daffy is an ally; at other times, an antagonist.
Daffy first appeared in "Porky's Duck Hunt" in 1937. In early cartoons, he was shorter, with less defined features - almost unrecognizable to today's audiences.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
His career included 130 Golden Age cartoon shorts, as well as many modern appearances. Daffy has been named one of the Top 50 cartoon characters of all time. One of his most recent appearances is in Space Jam: A New Legacy.
Daffy is not to be confused with his Disney counterparts, Donald Duck and Daisy Duck. In fact, his dark coloration stands in stark contrast to their white feathers.
Daffy once said, "I'm so crazy, I don't know this isn't possible." You may not be able to defy physics like Daffy Duck, but you can learn how to draw him. Grab your pencil and let's get started.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Steven Universe, Eeyore, and Charlie Brown.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Daffy Duck
How to Draw a Great Looking Daffy Duck for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing Daffy's eyes. First, draw two large ovals or egg shapes. Shade a smaller circle inside each to indicate the pupils. Draw two curved lines for the eyebrows and two more lines for the sides of the head.
Easy Daffy Duck Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw curved lines of various lengths at the top of the head. Allow them to meet at points, forming a tuft of feathers.
Then, use curved lines to draw the beak. Note how the top of the beak follows the curvature of the eyes in a wide “W” pattern. Notice, too, the overlap of the upper and lower portions, as well as the short lines at the corners of the mouth.
Easy Daffy Duck Drawing - Step 3
3. Complete the beak by drawing a curved line that doubles back upon itself. Below the eyes, shade two small ovals to indicate the nostrils.
Then, extend parallel lines below the head to form the neck, and band the neck with two horizontal lines. Draw “U” shaped lines at the base of the neck to add a feathery texture.
Easy Daffy Duck Drawing - Step 4
4. Use overlapping curved lines to sketch the top of the arm and the upturned hand. Notice the overlapping lines at the base of the thumb and forming the fingers.
Easy Daffy Duck Drawing - Step 5
5. Use curved lines to sketch the bottom of the arm. Note the short lines that meet at jagged points at the elbow, offering the texture of a tuft of feathers. Then, begin sketching the remaining arm, again noting the feathers at the elbow.
Easy Daffy Duck Drawing - Step 6
6. Complete the arm, hand, and fingers using long and short curved lines.
Easy Daffy Duck Drawing - Step 7
7. Use a series of curved lines to sketch Daffy’s torso. Notice the tufts of feathers on the chest and at the top of the leg.
Add More Details to Your Daffy Duck Picture - Step 8
8. Begin drawing Daffy’s leg and foot. Begin with an “L” shaped line, and add a short curved line to the lower end.
Complete the Outline of Your Daffy Duck Drawing - Step 9
9. Use curved lines to complete the foot and leg. Notice the “W” pattern at the tips of the toes. Sketch the remaining leg using curved lines, forming a mirror image of the first.
Color Your Daffy Duck Drawing
Color your cartoon of Daffy Duck. He has black feathers, a white ring around his neck, and yellow feet and bill.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Daffy Duck Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).