Learn how to draw a great looking Felix the Cat with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Felix the Cat.
If you want to become a cartoonist, drawing Felix the Cat is a great way to start.
Felix the Cat is a cartoon character that two artists created over a century ago. Felix was so popular that we're still talking about him today.
Among other things, Felix had a cartoon series that started in the 1950s. Felix also had a comic strip and appeared as a high school mascot. Today, you can buy Felix the Cat toys and stuffed animals.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Felix has a simple body made from geometric shapes. Nearly his entire body is black, making it easy to hide mistakes.
As you practice, you can tackle other fictional characters, like Jiji. Use markers, crayons, paint, gel pens or oil pastels to draw your favorite cartoon cats.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Felix the Cat
How to Draw a Great Looking Felix the Cat for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Draw two large ovals with the left oval smaller than the other. Add a smaller oval that overlaps the first one, then draw another oval in the second shape. Cut out a triangle to make a Pac-Man shape.
Easy Felix the Cat Drawing - Step 2
2. Repeat the earlier step to complete the cartoon eyes. Make a curve for the mouth, then sketch a deeper curve underneath. Add a dash at the end.
Easy Felix the Cat Drawing - Step 3
3. Make two hill shapes for the tongue. Draw four triangles around the cat's head, then connect them with curved lines.
Easy Felix the Cat Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw a curve underneath the face like you're drawing a circle, then outline the mouth to make a hotdog-like shape. Sketch two parallel curves underneath and a last triangle to complete the head.
Easy Felix the Cat Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw two more parallel lines to the left. Draw a curve, make a loop for the thumb and sketch a straight line that ends in a curve.
Easy Felix the Cat Drawing - Step 6
6. Sketch overlapping sausage shapes for the fingers, then add a curve in the palm. On the right, make another loop for the thumb, followed by a hook shape.
Easy Felix the Cat Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw a large hook for the body. On the right, make more overlapping sausage shapes with a curve in the palm.
Add More Details to Your Felix the Cat Picture - Step 8
8. Add a smaller but nearly identical shook shape on the right. For the left leg, draw two straight lines with a loop for the foot.
Complete the Outline of Your Felix the Cat Drawing - Step 9
9. Make another straight line with a loop for the right leg. Sketch a tube that curves upward for the tail, like you're drawing a sitting cat.
Color Your Felix the Cat Drawing
Outline your cartoon Felix the cat with a black pen or marker. Keep this marker because you'll need it for the next step.
Fill in almost the entire outline with black, leaving a few white lines to outline the fingers and other body parts. Leave the face and eyes white. Color the mouth black and the tongue bright red.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Felix the Cat Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).