Create a wonderful Jimmy Neutron drawing with easy, step-by-step instructions and video tutorial. Great for kids and beginner artists!
"Brain blast!" - Jimmy Neutron
Would you like to learn how to draw Jimmy Neutron, boy genius? This cartoon drawing tutorial will help you master this classic Nickelodeon character.
Jimmy Neutron first appeared in a pilot short called Runaway Rocketboy! in 1998, and later in the film Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius in 2001. Later, he starred in the animated series The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Who is James Isaac Neutron? Is he an average kid growing up in the small town of Retroville? Not exactly. Jimmy is an 11-year-old boy with an IQ of 210.
In case you were wondering, that is double the normal human IQ. His pet dog Goddard is a robot he built himself. He is also the inventor of a rocket and numerous other gadgets.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Watch 'How to Draw Jimmy Neutron' Video Tutorial
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Jimmy Neutron
1. Start by drawing Jimmy's eyes and nose. For one eye, enclose three successively smaller circles, and shade the innermost shape. For the other, draw an oval, and enclose two partial circles within it.
Again, shade the smallest to indicate the pupil. Draw curved lines above the eyes to indicate the eyelids, and another below them to form the nose.
2. Use a long curved line to outline the lower half of Jimmy's face. Trace the curved half-circle shape of the mouth. Inside it, enclose the tongue and teeth using curved lines. Draw a short curved line below the chin and across the forehead.
3. Use a "C" shaped line to draw the ear and a series of curved lines to outline the large forehead. Enclose curved shapes to form the eyebrows. Then, extend long curved lines from the forehead and ear. Allow them to meet at a sharp point, outlining the ice cream cone-shaped hair.
4. Detail the inside of the ear with curved lines. Then, use additional curved lines to sketch the neck and arm of Jimmy's t-shirt, as well as his arm emerging from his sleeve.
5. Draw Jimmy's hand. Use overlapping curved lines to create the fingers. Notice that he is pointing with one finger.
6. Use overlapping curved lines to sketch the remaining sleeve and the front of Jimmy's shirt. Then, sketch the remaining arm.
7. Complete the outline of the shirt and texture the seam of the sleeve with a curved line. Then, use curved lines to sketch the legs of Jimmy's pants.
8. Complete the hand and pant leg using curved lines. Then, draw a curved rectangle at the bottom of each leg to indicate the tops of the shoes. Enclose two irregular round shapes to complete the shoes.
9. Draw curved lines across the shoes to indicate the soles. Draw Jimmy Neutron's atom symbol on his t-shirt. First, draw a circle and shade a half-moon shape inside it. Then, draw several curved lines across the circle - the atom's nucleus - to indicate the orbits of the electrons.
Color your drawing of Jimmy Neutron. He has brown hair and wears a red shirt and blue jeans.
Printable Drawing Tutorial
This printable is for members only. Join now!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).