Learn how to draw a great looking Jimmy Neutron with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Jimmy Neutron.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
"Brain blast!" - Jimmy Neutron
Would you like to learn how to draw Jimmy Neutron, boy genius? This cartoon drawing tutorial will help you master this classic Nickelodeon character.
Jimmy Neutron first appeared in a pilot short called Runaway Rocketboy! in 1998, and later in the film Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius in 2001. Later, he starred in the animated series The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Who is James Isaac Neutron? Is he an average kid growing up in the small town of Retroville? Not exactly. Jimmy is an 11-year-old boy with an IQ of 210.
In case you were wondering, that is double the normal human IQ. His pet dog Goddard is a robot he built himself. He is also the inventor of a rocket and numerous other gadgets.
The president of Nickelodeon once described Jimmy as "half Bart Simpson and half Albert Einstein." He often gets into misadventures with his best friend Sheen and his rival Cindy.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Adrien Agreste from Miraculous, Chibi SD Gundam, and Ben 10.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Jimmy Neutron
How to Draw a Great Looking Jimmy Neutron for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Start by drawing Jimmy's eyes and nose. For one eye, enclose three successively smaller circles, and shade the innermost shape. For the other, draw an oval, and enclose two partial circles within it.
Again, shade the smallest to indicate the pupil. Draw curved lines above the eyes to indicate the eyelids, and another below them to form the nose.
Easy Jimmy Neutron Drawing - Step 2
2. Use a long curved line to outline the lower half of Jimmy's face. Trace the curved half-circle shape of the mouth. Inside it, enclose the tongue and teeth using curved lines. Draw a short curved line below the chin and across the forehead.
Easy Jimmy Neutron Drawing - Step 3
3. Use a "C" shaped line to draw the ear and a series of curved lines to outline the large forehead. Enclose curved shapes to form the eyebrows. Then, extend long curved lines from the forehead and ear. Allow them to meet at a sharp point, outlining the ice cream cone-shaped hair.
Easy Jimmy Neutron Drawing - Step 4
4. Detail the inside of the ear with curved lines. Then, use additional curved lines to sketch the neck and arm of Jimmy's t-shirt, as well as his arm emerging from his sleeve.
Easy Jimmy Neutron Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw Jimmy's hand. Use overlapping curved lines to create the fingers. Notice that he is pointing with one finger.
Easy Jimmy Neutron Drawing - Step 6
6. Use overlapping curved lines to sketch the remaining sleeve and the front of Jimmy's shirt. Then, sketch the remaining arm.
Easy Jimmy Neutron Drawing - Step 7
7. Complete the outline of the shirt and texture the seam of the sleeve with a curved line. Then, use curved lines to sketch the legs of Jimmy's pants.
Add More Details to Your Jimmy Neutron Picture - Step 8
8. Complete the hand and pant leg using curved lines. Then, draw a curved rectangle at the bottom of each leg to indicate the tops of the shoes. Enclose two irregular round shapes to complete the shoes.
Complete the Outline of Your Jimmy Neutron Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw curved lines across the shoes to indicate the soles. Draw Jimmy Neutron's atom symbol on his t-shirt. First, draw a circle and shade a half-moon shape inside it. Then, draw several curved lines across the circle - the atom's nucleus - to indicate the orbits of the electrons.
Color Your Jimmy Neutron Drawing
Color your drawing of Jimmy Neutron. He has brown hair and wears a red shirt and blue jeans.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Jimmy Neutron Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).