Learn how to draw a great looking Cat from Coraline with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Cat from Coraline.
Coraline is a movie based on a book by Neil Gaiman. Learn how to draw the cat from Coraline to go on your own adventures together.
The cat is Coraline's companion in the book and movie. Like other cartoon black cats, this cat is a little creepy and sinister. He talks to Coraline and occasionally helps her out.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
In the book and movie, Coraline discovers a parallel universe with a dark secret. Have you ever wanted to leave your life and go somewhere else for a while?
Ideally, the people in your world would be a lot friendlier than the ones that Coraline meets.
In any case, this guide shows you how to capture the cat's sly personality with your drawing. Once you've drawn this cat, you can try other cartoon cats, like Oggy.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing the Cat from Coraline
How to Draw a Great Looking Cat from Coraline for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Draw two lemon shapes with the left shape slightly "squashed." Sketch lines inside these shapes to outline the eyeballs, then add smaller lemon shapes and fill them in.
Easy Cat from Coraline Drawing - Step 2
2. Sketch curves around the eyes to make angled circles. Draw curves above the eyes, then draw two curves in the middle like parentheses.
Easy Cat from Coraline Drawing - Step 3
3. For the nose, draw a loose heart shape with a wide dip in the middle. Sketch two hook shapes underneath, then make a curve with diagonal lines on both sides, like a coat hanger. Add two dashes inside the nose.
Easy Cat from Coraline Drawing - Step 4
4. Sketch a loose triangle on the top of the head. Make a curve around the face, then end with two wavy triangles on the left. Sketch more wavy triangles on the right.
Easy Cat from Coraline Drawing - Step 5
5. Use jagged lines to make the left ear. Draw a vertical line in the left ear that ends in a squiggle. Sketch the whiskers, then add two lines to the face.
Easy Cat from Coraline Drawing - Step 6
6. For the leg, start with two sketchy vertical lines, then connect them with a long tube shape. Connect the leg to the head with one line, and add a curvy line to the right.
Easy Cat from Coraline Drawing - Step 7
7. Sketch another curvy line for the top of the body. For the leg, draw two curves that are slightly parallel with one curve pointing higher than the other. Sketch a tube shape with a bulb at the end.
Add More Details to Your Cat from Coraline Picture - Step 8
8. Repeat the previous step for the left leg. Draw two curves to start the right leg to make a shape like a chicken drumstick, then outline another cylinder with a loop at the end.
Complete the Outline of Your Cat from Coraline Drawing - Step 9
9. Use a long squiggly line for the tail, like you're drawing a spooky black cat.
Color Your Cat from Coraline Drawing
Outline your cartoon cat from Coraline in black before you color it in to clearly define all the shapes.
To complete your cartoon cat from Coraline, color the outline dark gray with different shades for the shadows and highlights. Make the nose pink and the eyes light blue.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Cat from Coraline Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).