Learn how to draw a great looking The Flash with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect The Flash.
You can create your own superhero comics when you learn how to draw the Flash with the help of this cartoon drawing tutorial!
Who is the Flash? He's a blur of red racing through the city. He moves at super speeds to save the day just in the nick of time. He taps into a power known as "the speed force" to gain his amazing abilities.
The Flash was first seen in Flash Comics #1 in 1939. Over the years, at least four different heroes have gone by the name "the Flash."
The most well-known is Barry Allen, a forensic scientist whose mother was murdered by a speedster.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Later, Barry's nephew Wally West and his grandson Bart Allen also donned the costume. The original Flash was college athlete Jay Garrick.
You don't have to be speedy to learn how to draw the Flash. But practice will certainly hone your drawing skills!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing The Flash
How to Draw a Great Looking The Flash for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing the Flash's eyes. Use two curved lines to outline each almond-shaped eye.
Then, shade a circle inside it to indicate the pupil. Draw short curved lines above and between the eyes to detail the eyelids and the bridge of the nose.
Easy The Flash Drawing - Step 2
2. Use curved lines to outline the nose, nostril, mouth, corners of the mouth, and the dimple of the chin.
Easy The Flash Drawing - Step 3
3. Use a long curved line to outline the head and face.
Notice the contours of the chin and cheeks, and how the line does not completely converge. Use curved lines to form a loose diamond shape around each eye.
Easy The Flash Drawing - Step 4
4. Use a series of straight and curved lines to draw the opening of the mask around the mouth.
Then, use curved lines to craft the lightning bolt design over the ear. At the base of the lightning bolt, enclose a half-circle.
Easy The Flash Drawing - Step 5
5. Use curved lines to enclose the half-circle and the partially visible lightning bolt over the opposite ear. Contour the first half circle with a curved line.
Extend a pair of lines below the head to form the neck, then contour the muscles of the neck with two more curved lines.
Easy The Flash Drawing - Step 6
6. Begin sketching the Flash's muscular shoulders. Use curved lines. Note the contours of the collarbone and top of the arm.
Easy The Flash Drawing - Step 7
7. Continue to use curved lines to sketch the arm, the pectoral muscles, and the biceps.
Add More Details to Your The Flash Picture - Step 8
8. Complete the biceps muscle of the arm using curved lines. Then, complete the outline of the torso. Use curved lines to contour the rib and the top of the abdominal muscles.
Complete the Outline of Your The Flash Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw the Flash logo on the superhero's chest. First, use a series of lines to enclose the zig-zag shape of a lightning bolt. Then, draw a circle around it.
Color Your The Flash Drawing
Color your cartoon of the Flash. He typically wears a red suit with yellow lightning bolts.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
The Flash Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).