Learn how to draw a great looking Cartoon Fox with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Cartoon Fox.
What does the fox say? A better question might be, what does the fox draw? You will be feeling clever as a fox when you complete this easy, step-by-step cartoon fox drawing tutorial.
You can draw this crafty fox using a series of curved lines that meet at sharp points. The use of these lines gives the animal a furry appearance.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
We've colored our example like a red fox, one of the most common fox species. But foxes come in other colors as well, like the white fox in this Arctic fox drawing.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Cartoon Fox
How to Draw a Great Looking Cartoon Fox for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the cartoon fox outline by drawing its eyes and nose. For the nose, sketch an inverted rounded triangle. Use three curved lines for each of the curved triangular lines.
Notice how the lines of the outer corners extend beyond the side of the eye. Then, draw a small circle curved line across each eye. Shade to indicate the pupil.
Easy Cartoon Fox Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a rounded "W" shaped line below the nose to form the fox's snout. From each side of the snout, extend a series of curved lines that meet at points. These indicate the fox's furry cheeks.
Easy Cartoon Fox Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw a long curved line from each cheek to the top of the nose. From the same point on each cheek, extend another line upward and double it back upon itself. This encloses the insides of the ears.
Easy Cartoon Fox Drawing - Step 4
4. Use overlapping curved lines that meet at sharp points to sketch the tufted ears and the fur tuft on the top of the head.
Easy Cartoon Fox Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw the fur of the fox's chest. Use a series of curved lines that meet at points.
Easy Cartoon Fox Drawing - Step 6
6. Use pairs of long curved lines to draw the fox's legs. At the bottom of each leg, double one line back upon itself to enclose the paw. Detail the toes with short lines, and use another long line to draw the fox's back.
Easy Cartoon Fox Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw a long curved line passing behind the forelegs to enclose the fox's haunches. Then, use overlapping lines to sketch the rear paws.
Add More Details to Your Cartoon Fox Picture - Step 8
8. From the rear leg, extend two curved lines and allow them to meet at a point, enclosing the fox's tail.
Complete the Outline of Your Cartoon Fox Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw a zigzag line across each of the forelegs and the tip of the fox's tail.
Color Your Cartoon Fox Drawing
Your cartoon fox outline is now complete. Color your fox. We've shaded ours orange and white like a classic red fox. Some foxes are gray, solid white, or black.
For more great animals drawing tutorials, see the collection of Simple How to Draw Animals Ideas.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Cartoon Fox Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).