Learn how to draw a great looking Clown Face with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Clown Face.
Are you afraid of clowns, or do you think they're the life of the party? Cheer or scare your friends with this clown face drawing.
Clowns have been around for a long time - at least since ancient Greece. They are the "familiar comic characters of pantomime and circus, known by distinctive makeup and costume, ludicrous antics, and buffoonery, whose purpose is to induce hearty laughter."
During the Middle Ages and successive centuries, the clown took on the appearance that we recognize in this cartoon - a painted face, colorful, baggy clothes, and outlandish hairstyles.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Clown Face
How to Draw a Great Looking Clown Face for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the clown face outline by drawing the cartoon clown’s eyes and nose. First, draw two curved lines to indicate the cheeks.
Then, enclose the large eyes above the cheeks, using long curved lines to sketch the partial oval shapes. Draw a large oval below the eyes to form the nose.
Easy Clown Face Drawing - Step 2
2. Enclose crescent moon shapes above the eyes using curved lines. These are the clown's eyebrows. Then, detail the bridge of the nose with a curved line and trace the two oval-shaped cheeks. Between the cheeks, use curved lines to sketch the half-moon-shaped smiling mouth.
Easy Clown Face Drawing - Step 3
3. Sketch the sides of the face using long curved lines. below the mouth, use a shorter line that overlaps the sides, indicating the chin. Use an "M" shaped line to trace the lips above the mouth and curved lines to indicate the teeth and tongue within it.
Easy Clown Face Drawing - Step 4
4. Use curved lines to draw the ears and detail inside them. Then, use a series of curved lines to begin drawing the fluffy hair above the ears.
Easy Clown Face Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a small hat on top of the clown's head. Use curved lines to sketch the crown and brim of the hat, and to connect it to the hair above the ears.
Easy Clown Face Drawing - Step 6
6. Continue to draw the fluffy hair. Use a series of connected curved lines to enclose its triangle shape.
Easy Clown Face Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw the hair on the opposite side, again using a series of connected, curved lines. Then, draw some hair sticking out of and crossing over the hat, erasing as necessary.
Add More Details to Your Clown Face Picture - Step 8
8. Draw a flower on the hat, erasing as necessary. Use a circle for the center of the flower and "U" shaped lines for the petals.
Begin drawing the bow tie. Use a rounded square for the knot. Draw the first lobe of the bow by extending a curved line from the knot and doubling it back upon itself.
Complete the Outline of Your Clown Face Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete your clown face outline by completing the bow tie. Extend a curved line from the opposite side and double it back upon itself to complete the remaining half of the bow. Decorate the tie with circular polka dots. Finally, draw lines between the clown head and the bow tie, forming the neck.
Color Your Clown Face Drawing
Color your cartoon clown face. We've used bright colors to give ours a happy and silly expression.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Clown Face Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).