Learn how to draw a great looking Dragon with Flowers with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Dragon with Flowers.
Would you like to learn how to draw a dragon with flowers cartoon? With the help of this easy draconian drawing tutorial, you'll soon master the dragon with flowers outline.
Dragons have long excited the imagination, perhaps nowhere more so than in Asia.
There, dragons have been represented in art for millennia and remain a frequent element of popular culture.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
This dragon also "represents yang, the principle of heaven, activity, and the maleness in the ying-yang." Instead of a monster, it is a deity.
The tattoo-like illustration in this drawing guide represents a peculiar juxtaposition of the male dragon with the lotus, which is known to symbolize birth, purity, and fertility.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Dragon with Flowers
How to Draw a Great Looking Dragon with Flowers for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the dragon with flowers outline by sketching the face. Use curved lines to outline the eyes, brow, snout, and nostrils.
Shade a slit in each eye and small ovals for the nostrils. Then, sketch the dragon's mustache using short curved lines that meet at points.
Easy Dragon with Flowers Drawing - Step 2
2. Use a series of curved lines to sketch the lower jaw. Contour the nose with a wavy line, and extend a curved line from the mustache to indicate the mouth.
Use curved lines to draw the base of the horns and the antler-like horns themselves. Then, begin sketching the dragon's mane using curved lines that meet at a point.
Easy Dragon with Flowers Drawing - Step 3
3. Use curved lines to draw the dragon's triangular teeth. Then, use overlapping curved lines to trace the serpentine neck and lines that meet at points to continue the mane.
Then, begin sketching one of the lotus flowers. Use curved lines that overlap or meet at points to sketch the petals.
Easy Dragon with Flowers Drawing - Step 4
4. Use curved lines that meet at points to continue drawing the teardrop-shaped petals. At the center of the flower, use a series of "U" shaped lines to create a round shape.
Texture the flower's center with more "U" shaped lines.
Easy Dragon with Flowers Drawing - Step 5
5. Use a long, curved line to continue the dragon's body, and a series of curved lines to sketch his forelimbs and claws.
Easy Dragon with Flowers Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw another lotus blossom above the dragon's head.
Again, use a series of "U" shaped lines for the center of the flower and curved lines that meet at sharp points for the teardrop-shaped petals.
Easy Dragon with Flowers Drawing - Step 7
7. Continue drawing petals using curved lines that meet at points.
Then, continue the dragon's sinuous body with long curved lines. At the tip of the tail, draw a flamelike tuft. Use curved lines that meet at points.
Add More Details to Your Dragon with Flowers Picture - Step 8
8. Detail your dragon. Extend curved lines from the snout to form the whiskers, and enclose a jagged ridge down the center of the back. Draw more teardrop-shaped petals peeking out from behind the animal.
Complete the Outline of Your Dragon with Flowers Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete your dragon with flowers outline by drawing a few more lotus blossoms. Again, use a series of "U" shaped lines for the center of the flower and curved lines that meet at sharp points for the teardrop-shaped petals.
Color Your Dragon with Flowers Drawing
Color your cartoon dragon with flowers. We've shaded our dragon green and gold and the flowers pink.
For more great Dragon drawing tutorials, see the 50 Easy Dragon Art Projects for Kids post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Dragon with Flowers Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).