Learn how to draw a great looking Fluffy Persian Cat with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Fluffy Persian Cat.
Fluffy, long-haired cats are the favorites of many cat lovers. You can welcome this fluffy Persian cat drawing into your home today!
The Persian longhair cat is the most famous of the long-haired cats. Their luxurious coats, sad eyes, and expressive faces have made them sought-after pets for ages.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
In fact, the Cat Fanciers' Association describes their history this way:
"As the dusty desert caravans wound their way westward from Persia and Iran, it is supposed that secreted among the rare spices and jewels on the basket-laden camels was an even more precious cargo, an occasional longhair cat.
They were called Persian for their 'country of origin,' but hieroglyphic references as early as 1684 B.C. shroud their exact beginnings."
Some people feel that this cat breed is in itself a work of art. "They love to pose and will drape themselves in a favorite window or chair, enhancing the décor in much the same way as a treasured painting."
Will you place your furry cat drawing on a sunny windowsill or in another spot of honor?
Persian cats are known for having a loving, easy-going personality. Get your pencil and paper ready to create this fluffy Persian cat outline.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Fluffy Persian Cat
How to Draw a Great Looking Fluffy Persian Cat for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the fluffy Persian cat outline by drawing the cat’s face. Use curved lines to trace the cat’s rounded-diamond-shaped eyes, its mushroom-shaped nose, mouth, and cheeks. Shade a narrow slit pupil within each eye.
Draw dots on each side of the nose to indicate whiskers, and short lines under the chin to texture the long fur.
Easy Fluffy Persian Cat Drawing - Step 2
2. Use overlapping curved lines to draw the cat’s brow, ears, and top of the head. Don’t forget the curved lines indicating the eyebrows above the eyes or the tufts on top of the ears.
Easy Fluffy Persian Cat Drawing - Step 3
3. Use short curved lines that meet at jagged points to sketch the cat’s fluffy fur.
Easy Fluffy Persian Cat Drawing - Step 4
4. Use longer curved lines to draw the fur on the cat’s chest. Again, let the curved lines meet at jagged points.
Easy Fluffy Persian Cat Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw the legs. Use long curved lines to outline the forelegs, noting the short lines - individual lines or those that meet at jagged points - that indicate fur at the tops of the legs.
Use jagged lines to sketch the rear leg, and a curved line to begin sketching the paw.
Easy Fluffy Persian Cat Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw the cat’s back and remaining rear leg. Again, use curved lines of different lengths, allowing some to meet at jagged points to indicate tufts of fur.
Easy Fluffy Persian Cat Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw the cat’s tail. Use curved lines of various lengths, allowing the lines to meet at jagged points.
Add More Details to Your Fluffy Persian Cat Picture - Step 8
8. Texture the fat cat’s fur with curved lines and “V” shaped lines.
Complete the Outline of Your Fluffy Persian Cat Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete your fluffy Persian cat outline by continuing to texture the fur with curved lines.
Color your cartoon of a fluffy Persian cat. We’ve shaded ours white with green eyes. This coloration is called silver.
Color Your Fluffy Persian Cat Drawing
Persians also come in a variety of colors, including black, cream, tabby striped, tortoiseshell, calico, spotted, or the Siamese-like Himalayan. Many Persian cats have copper eyes, and some have eyes of blue.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Fluffy Persian Cat Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).