Learn how to draw a great looking Heart Locket with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Heart Locket.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
Have you ever worn a locket with someone's picture inside? If you don't already have a locket of your very own, you can use this heart locket drawing guide to create one.
What is a locket? According to the Merriam-Webster Dictionary, it is "a small case usually of precious metal that has space for a memento and that is worn typically suspended from a chain or necklace."
People often wear heart-shaped locket necklaces with the picture of someone they love inside - their crush, their boyfriend, their spouse, their children, pets, or other family members, for example.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
The locket may also contain a snipping of the person's hair, a pressed flower, or something similar.
Drawing idea: Draw the cartoon locket and cut it out. Then, cut out a matching heart outline from another piece of paper.
Glue the papers together on one side, like a hinge or the pages of a book.
Draw or paste a picture of someone inside. You can give the working locket to them as a gift or wear it yourself!
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Cute Heart Smiley Face, Rose and Heart, and Pixel Art.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Heart Locket
How to Draw a Great Looking Heart Locket for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the heart locket outline by drawing two hearts, one within the other. The hearts should share one side.
Easy Heart Locket Drawing - Step 2
2. Next, turn the heart into a lock. On top of the heart, use two curved lines to create a rainbow shape connecting the heart's two lobes. Connect the lines at each end with short curve lines.
Erase background lines as necessary. Then, in the center of the heart, draw a partial circle with a partial triangle attached to the open side. This is the keyhole of the lock.
Easy Heart Locket Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw a fancy pattern around the keyhole. Use spiral-shaped lines and curved lines that meet at sharp points to create a lacy pattern.
Notice that the part of the pattern just above the keyhole is somewhat heart-shaped.
Easy Heart Locket Drawing - Step 4
4. Continue drawing the fancy pattern. Use curved lines to finish the bottom of the pattern with a point. Draw circles, ovals, and crescent moon shapes on the face of the lock.
Easy Heart Locket Drawing - Step 5
5. Give the keyhole a three-dimensional appearance by drawing short curved lines parallel to one side and the bottom of the hole. Connect them at the corners with short lines.
Then, enclose a cylinder shape outside the lock by using two long straight lines and several short curved lines. Extend two parallel lines from one side of the cylinder. This becomes the base of the key.
Easy Heart Locket Drawing - Step 6
6. Use "U" shaped lines to create the flower or spade-like shape at the back of the key. Use short overlapping curved lines to give one section a three-dimensional appearance.
Draw an oval where these shapes connect to the shaft of the key.
Easy Heart Locket Drawing - Step 7
7. Use curved lines to finish giving the key a three-dimensional appearance. Then, draw the locking mechanism of the key. Use short straight lines and curved lines to outline a "C" ike shape.
Add More Details to Your Heart Locket Picture - Step 8
8. Continue to decorate the key. Draw a heart at the back of the key and use short curved lines to give the locking mechanism a three-dimensional appearance.
Complete the Outline of Your Heart Locket Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete the heart locket outline by adding more decoration to the back of the key. Draw crescent moon shapes on the upper and lower sides and give them and the heart a three-dimensional appearance by drawing short curved lines inside.
Color Your Heart Locket Drawing
Color your cartoon of a heart-shaped locket. We've shaded ours in rich, bold colors of golden crimson. Notice how the shading at the edges of the decorative designs contributes to the three-dimensional appearance.
For more great Heart drawing tutorials, see the 36 Best Heart Drawing Tutorials post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Heart Locket Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).