Learn how to draw a great looking Hospital with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial. You can now easily create a beautiful Hospital drawing.
"The very first requirement in a hospital is that it should do the sick no harm." - Florence Nightingale
Hospitals are very important places. People go to hospitals when they are sick or injured in order to get treatment. You can learn how to draw a hospital with the aid of this easy drawing guide.
Hospitals have a long history. The first known hospitals were founded thousands of years ago. Some were temples where people sought remedies from the gods.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Others served as schools for teaching doctors, and refuges for the poor and for travelers. In fact, the word "hospital" has the same root as "host" and "hospitality" - meaning kindness extended to strangers.
Who works at a hospital? Doctors and nurses are present day and night. There are also pharmacists, nurse's assistants, cafeteria workers to prepare food, janitorial staff, and other medical specialists. Some people even volunteer to visit patients and cheer them up.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Hospital
How to Draw a Great Looking Hospital for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing the basic outline of the building. Use straight lines to make complete and partial rectangle shapes. Notice the square and narrow vertical rectangles on one side of the building. This forms the carport or emergency entrance of the hospital.
Easy Hospital Drawing - Step 2
2. Complete the outline of each of the three building sections by drawing the flat roof. Use a narrow horizontal rectangle for each. Then, detail the front of the hospital. On the two outer sections, draw rectangular windows. On the front, enclose a large rectangle for the doorway. Above it, use straight and curved lines to create a shape like a rectangle with a half-circle on top of it.
Easy Hospital Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw more square and rectangular windows on each section of the hospital. Draw parallel vertical lines in the center of the doorway to indicate the doors.
Easy Hospital Drawing - Step 4
4. Outline the word "HOSPITAL" in big, bold letters on the roof of the building's central section. Within the shape above the entranceway, draw a circle with a cross or plus shape inside it. This is an international symbol of the medical profession. Begin to outline the road or parking lot with straight lines.
Easy Hospital Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw an ambulance parked in front of the hospital. Draw a circle within a circle for each wheel, and connect them with a horizontal rectangle. Notice how the lines of the rectangle curve above each wheel. Then, use straight lines to enclose the five-sided shape of the vehicle.
Easy Hospital Drawing - Step 6
6. Detail the ambulance. Draw a plus sign or cross on its side. Outline a rectangular windshield, and use curved lines to enclose the headlight and flashing emergency light on top. Draw a tree to one side of the hospital, erasing as necessary. Use curved lines to enclose the trunk and leafy crown.
Easy Hospital Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw small planters in front of the hospital, erasing as necessary. For each, enclose a square, then draw a series of connected curved lines on top. Next, draw the helicopter. Enclose a rounded teardrop shape.
Add More Details to Your Hospital Picture - Step 8
8. Complete the helicopter. Use curved lines to outline the windshield and landing gears, the tail, its propeller, the rotor shaft, and its blades.
Complete the Outline of Your Hospital Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw a horizon line behind the hospital. Draw a series of curved lines above it to indicate trees in the distance. Then, use straight and curved lines to outline fluffy clouds in the sky.
Color Your Hospital Drawing
Color your cartoon hospital. In some places, the cross and other signage are traditionally red. In others, hospitals are indicated by a blue letter "H" or a white "H" on a blue field.
For more great Building drawing tutorials, see the 21 Step-by-Step Building Drawing Guides post.
Hospital Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).