Learn how to draw a great looking Iron Man with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Iron Man.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
Would you like to be able to say, "I am Iron Man"? Build your own suit when you learn how to draw Iron Man.
Iron Man is a superhero from Marvel comics. Unlike many superheroes, he wasn't born with special powers, nor did he acquire them by accident - he built them.
Iron Man debuted in 1963 in a comic book called Tales of Suspense. His alter ego is that of businessman Tony Stark.
Stark had been injured by a bomb and captured by enemies. He built his armored suit to keep himself alive and escape.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
The caveat is that he can never remove the electromagnet and arc reactor on his chest, as it is keeping shrapnel from reaching his heart and killing him.
Iron Man has worked with many other superheroes such as Spider-Man to save mankind. He is a member of the Avengers alongside Captain America, the Hulk, and others.
If you liked this Iron Man outline, try your hand at drawing other cartoon superheroes!
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Captain Marvel, Wolverine from X-Men, and Venom.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Iron Man
How to Draw a Great Looking Iron Man for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the Iron Man outline by drawing his face and shoulders. Use curved lines to outline the helmet and its details - the outline of the face, the ear-like oval, and the eyes.
Then, draw the curved rectangular shoulders and the triangle within a triangle on the chest. Connect all of the features with curved lines, using additional lines for detail.
Easy Iron Man Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw the torso of Iron Man's suit. Use straight lines to create the geometric shapes, with curved lines below them. Don't forget to shade the small circles that bolt everything together.
Easy Iron Man Drawing - Step 3
3. Begin sketching Iron Man's arm. Use overlapping curved lines to outline and detail the muscular-looking suit.
Easy Iron Man Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw Iron Man's remaining arm. Again, use overlapping curved lines.
Easy Iron Man Drawing - Step 5
5. Give your cartoon Iron Man gauntlets and hands. Use curved lines to enclose the irregular shapes.
Easy Iron Man Drawing - Step 6
6. Complete the character's torso. Use overlapping curved lines to continue the armor. Draw rounded rectangles along the sides.
Easy Iron Man Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw Iron Man's leg. First, use a long curved line to outline the upper leg. Then, use another line, overlapping the first, to trace the lower leg. Detail and contour the suit with additional curved lines.
Add More Details to Your Iron Man Picture - Step 8
8. Draw Iron Man's remaining leg. Again, use overlapping curved lines to outline the upper and lower portions of the leg. Then, detail each portion with additional lines and shapes.
Complete the Outline of Your Iron Man Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete your Iron Man outline by drawing his feet, poised in flight. Use curved lines to trace the rectangles, ovals, and irregular shapes of the ankles and bootlike armor.
Color Your Iron Man Drawing
Color your cartoon of Iron Man. His Mark 6 suit is red, yellow, and silver.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Iron Man Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).