Create a wonderful Marge Simpson drawing with easy, step-by-step instructions and video tutorial. Great for kids and beginner artists!
Would you like to learn how to draw Marge Simpson? This easy cartoon drawing tutorial is here to show you how!
Who is Marge? Marjorie Jacqueline Simpson is the caring mother and often the voice of reason on the long-running cartoon sitcom The Simpsons. She is married to Homer Simpson and they have three children: their son Bart, elder daughter Lisa, and baby Maggie.
What is Marge's personality like? Homer once said, "If it were up to Marge, all we would ever do is work and go to church."
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Though she is often considered a killjoy, she has had her share of antics - including accumulating a rare long criminal record. All in all, though, she is devoted to her family.
Did you know? Marge is fluent in French.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Marge Simpson
1. Begin by drawing Marge's eyes and nose. Use a curved line for the nose, and circles for the eyes. Shade the round pupil in the center of each eye, and use short, straight lines to form the eyelashes.
2. Use curved lines to outline the face and neck. Notice how the line doubles back upon itself to form the mouth, the overlap of lines at the bottom lip, and the "C" shaped line of the ear. Band the mouth with short lines to indicate the teeth, and draw a short curved line at the corner of the mouth.
3. Begin sketching Marge's enormous hairdo. Use a series of small, connected "U" shaped lines to form the hair.
4. Complete the nearly rectangular shape of the hair using connect "U" shaped lines. Draw a pearl necklace at the base of the neck using small circles.
5. Use a pair of "V" shaped lines to outline the arm. Then, use tall, overlapping "U" shaped lines for the hand and fingers.
6. Complete the hand, noting the curved lines detailing the palm. Then, use curved lines to sketch the remaining arm and hand.
7. Outline Marge's dress with long curved lines. Connect the lines at the top and bottom.
8. Use curved lines to outline Marge's leg and foot. Draw a curved line across the foot to indicate the top of the shoe.
9. Draw the remaining leg and foot. Outline them with a curved line, doubled back upon itself. Then use a curved line to indicate the top of the shoe.
Color your cartoon of Marge Simpson. She has yellow skin and blue hair.
Printable Drawing Tutorial
This printable is for members only. Join now!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).