Learn how to draw a great looking Simple Flowers in a Vase with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial. You can now easily create a beautiful Simple Flowers in a Vase drawing.
Would you like to learn how to draw a vase of flowers? With the help of this step-by-step guide, you'll soon master the art of drawing simple flowers in a vase outline.
People give flowers to express emotions. You might give someone flowers to show that you love them, especially on special occasions like a first date, a wedding anniversary, or Valentine's Day.
A bouquet of flowers can also say "I'm sorry," "get well," "thank you," "good job," or express sympathy for a loss.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
People have used gifts of flowers to express emotions for a very long time. In ancient Greece and Rome, some flowers were associated with gods and goddesses, and therefore with their dominant qualities.
Emperors, heroes, and winners of ancient Olympic games were crowned with a wreath made from certain plants.
During the Victorian era (the 1800s), "expressing feelings in words was not considered good manners," so "people demonstrated their feelings by giving flower bouquets." There were strict rules about giving flower gifts, and flowers of various types and colors had very specific meanings.
Even children can pick wildflowers from parks or their own backyards to give as gifts. But what if you can't pick flowers where you live? Draw them instead!
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Simple Flowers in a Vase
How to Draw a Great Looking Simple Flowers in a Vase for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin your simple flowers in a vase outline by drawing two curved lines. These roughly vertical lines will become the sides of the vase.
Easy Simple Flowers in a Vase Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw two curved lines at the bottom of the illustration, connecting the lines from the previous step. This forms the foot or bottom of the vase.
Easy Simple Flowers in a Vase Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw two "C" shaped lines at the top of the vase, one inside the other. Notice that the larger line overlaps the side of the vase. This encloses the lip or top of the vase.
Easy Simple Flowers in a Vase Drawing - Step 4
4. Decorate the vase by drawing a wavy line across the middle. Then, begin drawing the bouquet of flowers. Extend a pair of narrowly spaced, parallel curved lines from the opening of the vase. This is the stem of the first flower.
Easy Simple Flowers in a Vase Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw two more flower stems, using narrowly spaced, parallel curved lines for each. Erase as needed.
Easy Simple Flowers in a Vase Drawing - Step 6
6. Next, begin drawing the blossom of the first flower. Draw a small "U" shaped line, and then a large "U" shaped line. This outlines the base of the flower and the sides of the petals.
Draw each petal using a curved line; notice how the petals overlap. Then, draw a scalloped line between the outer petals to indicate the petals of the far side of the flower.
Easy Simple Flowers in a Vase Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw the second flower, a daisy-like bloom. Start with a small circle for the center of the flower. Then, draw five "U" shaped petals around it.
Add More Details to Your Simple Flowers in a Vase Picture - Step 8
8. Draw the third blossom, a rose bud. Outline the bottom of the flower with a "U" shaped line, and the top of it with a "C" shaped line. Then, detail the petals by drawing a spiral-shaped line down the flower's center.
Complete the Outline of Your Simple Flowers in a Vase Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete the simple flowers in a vase outline by drawing leaves along the flower stems. For each leaf, extend a curved line from the stem. Then, Use two curved lines that meet at a point to outline the leaf.
Color Your Simple Flowers in a Vase Drawing
Color your cartoon of simple flowers in a vase. Flowers and vases both come in every color imaginable, so be creative!
For more great Mother’s Day drawing tutorials, see the 17 Best Mother’s Day Drawing Tutorials post.
Simple Flowers in a Vase Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).