Learn how to draw a great looking Walking Cat Outline with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Walking Cat Outline.
Learning how to draw a walking cat outline teaches you about minimalism and creating a vibrant, flowing image.
A line drawing uses brushstrokes to create a base that gets the message across without including fine details. Traditionally, people used ink brushes for their drawings, but you can experiment with different tools today.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
This walking cat outline uses simple brushstrokes that aren't fully connected. Despite the drawing's simplicity, the perfectly placed lines turn a base sketch into a walking cat outline. A bold silhouette gives the cat lots of personality.
If you don't plan on coloring the silhouette, all you need is a pencil, a marker or paintbrush, and a few sheets of paper.
Cover the table with newspapers if you're going to use black ink--it makes a mess if you're not careful. Afterward, frame your walking cat outline and hang up the drawing in your room.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Walking Cat Outline
How to Draw a Great Looking Walking Cat Outline for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Start with a curved line near the right of the page with a shorter dash underneath. Sketch a round triangle that points to the left with an oval inside for the eye.
Easy Walking Cat Outline Drawing - Step 2
2. Use two more curves to make a loose ear shape. Make one curve for the mouth with a swirl underneath. Dash another line for the nose.
Easy Walking Cat Outline Drawing - Step 3
3. Sketch downward strokes for the cartoon cat's neck and chest. Use jagged lines inside the ear.
Easy Walking Cat Outline Drawing - Step 4
4. Add three flowing lines to start the top of the cat's body, followed by a loop for the first leg.
Easy Walking Cat Outline Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a curve in the center, add a few loose brushstrokes, then sketch a mildly curved line to complete the cartoon cat's leg.
Easy Walking Cat Outline Drawing - Step 6
6. Add a long curve that resembles a stretched-out S, then draw a curvy arrow to the right.
Easy Walking Cat Outline Drawing - Step 7
7. For the legs, draw loops like long fish hooks.
Add More Details to Your Walking Cat Outline Picture - Step 8
8. Add another loop for the final leg, then use brushstrokes to connect it to the body. Draw a vertical line to complete the leg on the right.
Complete the Outline of Your Walking Cat Outline Drawing - Step 9
9. Use sweeping curves to complete your line drawing and make a shape like a long noodle.
Color Your Walking Cat Outline Drawing
Outline your line drawing with black ink to complete the silhouette. Congratulations! You've drawn a cartoon walking cat.
Since this is a base or silhouette, not a full drawing, you don't have to color your sketch. However, you could use black if you want to make a complete silhouette, like a cat walking in the shadows.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Walking Cat Outline Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).