Learn how to draw a great looking Realistic Cat with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Realistic Cat.
While cartoon cats are fun, learning how to draw a realistic cat teaches you about cat anatomy.
This actually makes it easier to draw cartoon cats--when you've mastered cat anatomy, you know how their bodies work. You'll also find it easier to draw cats without step-by-step guides.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
After learning about cat anatomy, you can check out other drawing guides, like drawing a cat in clothes.
In the meantime, sketch a realistic cat drawing to give to a friend or hang up in your room. You can also keep your drawing in your notebook and come up with fictional adventures.
Follow the guide's recommendations to color your drawing, or base your cat on a real cat that you know. You could also use crazy colors to give your drawing some pizazz.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Realistic Cat
How to Draw a Great Looking Realistic Cat for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Start with two lemon shapes for the eyes. Draw ovals inside these shapes and fill them in, then add sketchy lines above the eyes.
Easy Realistic Cat Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw two curves between the eyes like a stretched-out M. Make a loop on either side, then connect the lines with a loop pointing downward.
Use two curved lines and one straight line for the mouth. Sketch two vertical lines to outline the nose.
Easy Realistic Cat Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw curved triangles for the ears, and connect them with a curved line. Sketch a jagged curved line underneath the mouth for the furry chin. Add whiskers with broad strokes.
Easy Realistic Cat Drawing - Step 4
4. Sketch curved lines on the bottom half of the face. To connect these lines to the ears, use uneven lines with curves and points, like blades of grass.
Easy Realistic Cat Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a vertical line inside each ear. Add curvy, jagged lines that are perpendicular to these lines, then sketch lines inside the ears. Draw a loose curve underneath the right side of the head.
Easy Realistic Cat Drawing - Step 6
6. On the right, add a few more tufts of fur, then trail the line downward at an angle. Sketch a parallel curve followed by a diagonal vertical line. Add a hook on the end, and draw a few sketchy lines on the left.
Easy Realistic Cat Drawing - Step 7
7. Start with a tuft of fur on the left, then bring a loose, uneven curve downward and draw a horizontal line at the bottom. For the leg, use more diagonal lines and draw overlapping loops for the toes.
Add More Details to Your Realistic Cat Picture - Step 8
8. Make a curve for the right leg. Use a wavy line for the foot, then sketch more overlapping loops to outline the toes.
Complete the Outline of Your Realistic Cat Drawing - Step 9
9. Use a vertical line and two loops for the other foot. To draw the tail, sketch a long loop with a few tufts of fur.
Color Your Realistic Cat Drawing
Outline your realistic cat with a black marker or pen. Erase the pencil lines, then sit back and admire your work.
Color your realistic cat with shades of grayish. Use lighter shades for the ears, chest, stomach and paws. Add darker shades for the stripes, nose and tuft of the tail. Use gold for the eyes to complete your realistic cat.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Realistic Cat Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).