Learn how to draw a great looking King Kong with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect King Kong.
Who is the most famous movie monster of all time? Create a King Kong drawing to cast your vote.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
In addition to spoofs, remakes, and parodies, King Kong also inspired other, slightly more realistic tales of giant gorillas, such as Mighty Joe Young.
If you like this Kong King Kong outline, try your hand at Donkey Kong, an arcade and video game character inspired by him.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing King Kong
How to Draw a Great Looking King Kong for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the King Kong outline by drawing the ape's face. Use curved lines to trace the rounded shapes of the brow, nostrils, and open mouth. Use additional curved lines to contour above the brow, enclose the eyes and pupils, contour the nostrils, and outline the teeth along the upper jaw.
Easy King Kong Drawing - Step 2
2. Sketch the head of your King Kong cartoon. Use curved lines to outline the head and shoulder, the tongue, the side of the open mouth, teeth along the bottom jaw, the furry jaw line, and the ear.
Easy King Kong Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw the animal's muscular chest and abdomen. Use curved lines to outline the pectoral muscles and the sides of the abs. Connect the lines at the bottom with a series of short lines that meet at jagged points, indicating fur. Contour the muscles by drawing lines down the center of the torso.
Easy King Kong Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw the ape's huge arm. Use curved lines to outline the upper arm, lower arm, and curled fingers. At the elbow and wrist, use a series of lines that meet at jagged points to afford the appearance of fur.
Easy King Kong Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw the remaining arm, erasing as necessary. Again, use curved lines to outline the upper arm, lower arm, and curled fingers. At the elbow and wrist, use a series of lines that meet at jagged points to give the appearance of fur.
Easy King Kong Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw the sides and bottom of the torso using curved lines.
Easy King Kong Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw the leg. Use overlapping curved lines to sketch the sides of the leg. Connect them at the ankle using a series of curved lines that meet at jagged points.
Add More Details to Your King Kong Picture - Step 8
8. Draw the remaining leg. Again, use overlapping curved lines to sketch the sides of the leg. Connect them at the ankle using a series of curved lines that meet at jagged points. Contour the knee with short lines arranged in an open circle.
Complete the Outline of Your King Kong Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete your King Kong outline by drawing his feet and toes. Use overlapping curved lines to sketch the toes, and enclose a toenail at the tip of each.
Color Your King Kong Drawing
Color your cartoon of King Kong. We've shaded ours black and grey, colors typical of a silverback gorilla.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
King Kong Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).