Learn how to draw a great looking Squad with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial. You can now easily create a beautiful Squad drawing.
Who's in your squad?
Historically, the term squad referred to the smallest military unit, usually of about 12 soldiers.
"The colloquial use of the word 'squad' arose from East Coast hip hop culture and describes 'a self-chosen group of people that you want to identify with'."
In the age of social media, "#Squadgoals" has taken over group selfies. This hashtag can indicate a group you'd like to be a part of something you'd like to achieve along with your group of friends, or a group accomplishment that you and the gang are proud of.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
The term "the squad" has often been used to describe specific groups of people, including sports teams. In the United States, a group of four female congresswomen has been called "the Squad," a nickname that originated on Instagram.
Would you like to draw a cartoon of your ideal squad? This easy, step-by-step cartoon drawing tutorial is here to show you how.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing the Squad
How to Draw a Great Looking Squad for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing the head of the first squad member. Draw a partial circle, open at the bottom. draw two short lines down from the opening. This forms the character's head and neck. Outline each eye using two curved lines. Shade a small circle inside each to indicate the pupils. Draw the eyebrows and mouth using curved lines.
Easy Squad Drawing - Step 2
2. Use straight lines to sketch the shoulders, upper arms, and lower arms. Then, use overlapping curved lines to enclose the hands.
Easy Squad Drawing - Step 3
3. Enclose an incomplete circle to form the head of the second character. Use curved lines to enclose the eyes and draw the eyebrows and mouth. Shade small circles for the pupils, and enclose the tongue using a "U" shaped line, with a short line down the center. Then, use straight and curved lines to sketch the torso and leg of the first character, perched on the shoulder of the second.
Easy Squad Drawing - Step 4
4. Outline the second character's hand using overlapping curved lines. Then, use straight lines to sketch the remaining leg of the first character. Use straight lines to draw the arm, torso, and leg of the second character.
Easy Squad Drawing - Step 5
5. Complete the outline of the second character's body - the leg and torso - using straight lines. Use pairs of lines to draw the extended arm, and overlapping curved lines to form the hand making the peace or victory sign.
Easy Squad Drawing - Step 6
6. Begin drawing the third character. Sketch an open circle for the head, with a short line for the neck. Use curved lines to draw the eyes, eyebrows, and smiling mouth. Shade small circles for the pupils. Then, use a pair of long curved lines to draw the arm, and overlapping curved lines for the hand. Note that this character is high-fiving the first.
Easy Squad Drawing - Step 7
7. Complete the third character. Use curved lines to draw the neck, arm, hand, torso, and legs.
Add More Details to Your Squad Picture - Step 8
8. Draw the fourth character. Draw an open circle for the head, and two short lines for the neck. Shade two irregular round shapes on the face, and connect them with a short line. This forms the character's sunglasses. Then, use curved lines for the raised eyebrows, the puckered mouth, and the arm and hand.
Complete the Outline of Your Squad Drawing - Step 9
9. Use straight and curved lines to outline this character's arm, torso, and legs. In the hand, draw a partial rounded rectangle. Shade a small rectangle in its upper corner. This forms the smartphone the squad is using to take a group selfie.
Color Your Squad Drawing
Color your cartoon of the squad.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Squad Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).